The internal smile, also known as The Mona Lisa Smile, is a very powerful practice of healing, originating from ancient China. Many people spend their lives experiencing anger, sadness, depression, fear, anxiety and other kinds of negative energy. These energies cause chronic illness and drain our vitality. The internal smile is sincere, emanating from the whole body, including all organs, glands, muscles, bones and the nervous system. It produces high-quality energy that can heal and eventually transform itself into even higher quality energy.
A sincere smile sends a loving energy that has the power to heal and transform. Remember a time when you were upset or physically ill; someone—perhaps even a stranger—smiled sincerely and suddenly, you felt better. The internal smile directs loving energy into our organs and glands, which is necessary for healing and good life. The internal smile is the best medicine for neutralising any kind of stress.
11 STEPS TO PRACTICING THE INNER SMILE
- Sit comfortably and keep your spine in an upright position—
- Take a couple of slow, deep breaths, noticing how your abdomen rises and relax with each breath.
- Rest the tip of your tongue gently on the roof of your mouth.
- Smile gently, allowing your lips to feel full and smooth as they spread to the side and lift just slightly.
- Now bring your attention to the space between your eyebrows—your “third eye”. Focus on this centre and feel gentle vibrations there.
- Bring your attention now to the centre of your brain. This is a place referred to in Taoism as the “crystal palace”. Feel the energy gathering in the middle of your head.
- Allow this energy to flow forward into your eyes. Feel your eyes “smiling”.
- Now, direct the energy of your smiling eyes back and down into someplace in your body where you need healing, where you’ve recently had an injury or illness.
- Continue to smile into that place within your body and let it absorb this energy like a sponge soaking up nourishing water.
- When this feels complete, direct your inner smile into your solar plexus.
- Release the tip of your tongue from the roof of your mouth and let the smile go.
When your energy grows, you will become more flexible and adaptable. You will know what you want in life and how to achieve it.