The Swiss physician and alchemist Paracelsus was one of the most influential medical scientists in 15th century Europe. He believed in healing powers of colours. When visiting his patients, he offered such measures like to put different colours’ pieces of glass in the windows and changing curtains and furnishing colours that would be beneficial for treating a particular disease.
Among natural therapies techniques and methods the colour-therapy is nowadays in use and getting more popular. What has been noted and confirmed that certain colours correlates with certain ailments. For example, for people with low red blood cells count it is found to be useful to red colour in their everyday life: sit in a red armchair, wear red scarf, have paintings with lots of red flowers on them, and so on.
On the contrary, those with high blood pressure should avoid red – no red armchair for them! Patients with high blood pressure need to be surrounded with light blue and green colours. Use a shawl or blanket of those colours, and your blood pressure would come to norm without a tablet.
Speaking of food, green colour vegetables and salads are very good for your cardio-vascular system.
That is what recommended by practitioners who use colours for therapy.
- Healing properties: Green is the colour of Nature and the earth. It is balance and harmony in essence and possesses a soothing influence upon both mind and body. It is neither relaxing nor astringent in its impact. Green is the great color of balance, which harmonizes the flow of prana or universal life force. Green can be used for just about any condition in need of healing.
- In art, purpleis the colour on the colour wheel between magenta and violet and its tints and shades. In metaphysics purple connects with the crown chakra. In healing purple is good for emotional problems, rheumatism and epilepsy.
- Blue is the colour of truth, serenity and harmony, by helping to soothe the mind. It is good for cooling, calming, reconstructing and protecting. Used in reducing fevers and calming the body and mind.
- Violet waves have the shortest wavelength of the visible lightspectrum, thus, they carry the most energy. Violet tends to bring great relaxation and also like blue, can often be felt as waves of coldness. It does not stimulate basic circulation, but it does stimulate the flow of the more subtle energies throughout the psychic centres and the nervous system.
- Yellow is the colour, which signifies wisdom. Any mental deficiency, no matter how it shows itself, will be relieved by the use of yellow. This colour has been found very valuable for all cases of nervous conditions and for all cases where some mental blockage. That may be brought on by bad circulation, which caused the brain cells to be starved of lymph and blood. It may be caused by incorrect breathing, which brings about mental deterioration more quickly than anything else or it may be the result of a nervous breakdown or severe mental strain. Yellow is the colour, which will relieve this type of condition.
- Orange is a stimulating colour, which can be beneficial for the spleen, liver, kidneys, heart and indeed to any organ which helps to promote good circulation. This colour will help to stimulate the heart or indeed any other organ, which needs stimulation.
- Bright crimson red is even a more potent stimulator than orange. It will be beneficial to rheumatic joints. You can apply the red to the legs, knees or ankles using a lamp with a red globe. Red stimulates a production of haemoglobin, therefore, is beneficial for the anaemic condition.